FACTOR SAN FRANCISCO
2017 to Present
Associate Creative Director, Copywriter
· Embedded at Google’s San Francisco offices, where I work with a number of clients, including Pixel, Pixelbook, Google One, Google Express, and Google My Business.
· Work closely with clients, art directors, and designers to create everything from websites to digital campaigns to direct mail and email newsletters.
2016 to 2017
· Clients: Cisco, Lucid Motors, Fulcrum Coffee, University of California Santa Barbara, Gmund Paper, Enigma, and Pablo Design.
· Worked closely with design team to explore brand opportunities and align business strategy with copy and visual execution on websites,
print collateral, brand positioning, social media campaigns, and visual identity.
· Responsibilities: copywriting, brand strategy, social media strategy, content strategy, messaging strategy, brand narrative, tone and voice guidelines.
2010 to 2016
Associate Creative Director, Copywriter
· Clients: Pandora, Campari, Volkswagen, Microsoft, Adobe, Starbucks, Activision, Qualcomm, PayPal, and Ghirardelli.
· Lead a team of creatives from brainstorm to execution.
· Worked closely with account leads, strategists, and traditional PR to create fully integrated campaigns with a focus on social media.
· Worked on new business pitches and present work to clients.
2009 to 2010
· Created copy for print and web ads, brand marketing material, packaging, marketing collateral, and web store.
· Worked closely with Product Development and Design to ensure accurate and consistent messaging for all product and brand marketing materials.
· Managed web and print translations via third party vendor for all packaging and web copy.
· Created all product and color palette names.
2005 to 2009
Senior Copywriter and Translator
· Translated (Spanish to English) and wrote 120-page printed skin care, cosmetics, and fragrance catalog every three weeks, creating text appropriate for the US market.
· Translated and wrote sales conference scripts, training materials, magazine for sales consultants, web content, and product descriptions and instructions.
· Worked closely with corporate headquarters in Lima, Peru to project manage the scheduling and production of the above items.
· Managed second copywriter/translator in the US office.
2002 to 2009
Freelance Music Journalist
· Wrote music reviews and artist interviews (including cover stories on major artists).
· Wrote bi-monthly “Reggae Rewind” column, chronicling news and music from Jamaica’s reggae dancehall scene.
2008 to 2009
· Edited online civics and US history modules for an educational website aimed at providing high school and early college students with fun, relevant lessons that go beyond their textbooks.
· Proofread content and ensured consistency according to Shmoop’s established style guide.
· Wrote banner ad, direct email and website copy for a roster of over 200 clients, from education and home services to travel and business-to-business and more.
· Worked closely with designers and clients to incorporate appropriate copy, messaging and imagery for a broad range of online direct marketing and lead generation communications.
2004 to 2005
· Wrote copy for all greeting cards in the Papyrus line.
· Worked closely with designers and art directors to incorporate appropriate text and imagery for a full range of greeting cards and catalog copy.
· Won a Louie Award, the greeting card industry’s highest honor (2003 Get Well Card of the Year).
2001 to 2003
Senior Copywriter/Content Editor/Producer
· Wrote and managed weekly email newsletter (10 million subscribers; 15% open rate).
· Wrote and managed bimonthly email newsletter (1 million subscribers; 12-15% open rate).
· Oversaw the content, design, scheduling, production and delivery of all email products.
· Worked closely with sales staff, graphic artists and engineers around the nation.
· Oversaw design and production of Web pages on two sites (VirtualVegas.com and iwin.com’s Free Casino), including site redesigns and banner ads.
· Developed concepts and names for online casino games.
· Managed three graphic artists involved in design of email products and online content.
BRAVANTA – San Francisco, CA 2000 to 2001
· Wrote descriptions for online catalog of over 1,500 retail products.
· Wrote press releases for new business partnerships, software releases, and product launches.
· Wrote copy for the Web site’s award redemption and checkout process.
· Wrote voice-over scripts for Flash presentations.
· Proofread all online content and created corporate style guide.
· Managed freelance copywriters.
· Created templates for all materials related to employee recognition and retention programs.
OH BOY, A DESIGN COMPANY – San Francisco, CA 1999 to 2000
Copywriter/Business Development Director
· Wrote copy for ads, self-promotion pieces, catalogs, invitations, and other corporate collateral.
· Edited copy and proofread extensively.
· Worked closely with designers and art directors to incorporate appropriate, compelling text.
· Wrote press releases.
· Co-created an ad campaign for Hemlock Printers that conveyed the high quality of their work and their dedication to their customers.
· Researched, coordinated, and wrote copy for a unique branding catalog for Mohawk Fine Papers designed to portray quality products at affordable prices.
· Contacted clients and prospects to secure new business.
· Reviewed the studio’s portfolio with potential clients.
B.A. in Spanish with Russian Minor, University of Texas at Austin
Bilingual (English and Spanish); knowledge of Russian, French, German, Cantonese, Swedish, Portuguese and Japanese.